The LEGO KidsFest is coming to the Reliant Center at Reliant Park in Houston, TX, May 17-19, 2013. Below, you'll find helpful information for exhibitors. If you still have questions, please contact show management.
LEGO KidsFest show hours
Friday, May 17, 2013
3 pm – 4 pm VIK Preview event
4 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Session I: 9 am – 1:30 pm
Session II: 3 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Session I: 9 am – 1:30 pm
Session II: 3 pm – 7:30 pm
* Your booth must be staffed during all show hours *
IMPORTANT DUE DATES:
Tuesday, April 30th:
• Insurance Certificate and signed Rules and Regulations due to firstname.lastname@example.org (Rules and regulations must be signed by onsite contact)
• Deadline for shipping to Reliant Center
Wednesday, May 1st:
• Any additional tables, chairs, carpet and labor needs must be ordered through the decorator, Demers Exposition Services at https://demersexpo.boomerecommerce.com
Friday, May 3rd:
• Electrical/internet order due to receive advanced rates (See info under exhibitor services)
• Exhibitor payments due to LEGO KidsFest
Insurance Information for Participants
All exhibitors must secure and maintain general liability insurance in order to set up a display on-site. You will need to contact your insurance carrier and have them list LIFE Marketing & Events, LLC as the certificate holder.
A Certificate of General Liability must name:
• LIFE Marketing & Events, LLC at 106 South Street, West Hartford, CT 06110.
• be in the amount of 1,000,000/2,000,000 minimum liability coverage.
You can click here to view a sample Insurance Form (PDF)
Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
Below is a list of rules and regulations for being on-site at the LEGO KidsFest. Please be sure all staff members read through these rules and regulations. Show Management reserves the right to remove anyone not obeying the rules and regulations.
1) No sales of any kind including the acceptance of cash, credit card numbers or checks.
2) No stickers.
3) No helium balloons.
4) No glitter.
5) No music, unless approved by Life Marketing & Events.
6) No bags of any kind can be distributed.
7) No tips/donations may be solicited.
8) All exhibitors must stay in assigned booth and may not walk around event to solicit/market organization or business.
9) All give a ways must be pre-approved by LIFE Marketing & Events.
10) Booth must be staffed at all times throughout the weekend.
11) Booths must remain open from beginning to end of event.
12) No outside food may be brought into the convention center. Concessions will be available throughout the weekend.
13) All booth materials need to be non flammable and non toxic. No open flames.
14) All booth staff must be 18 years or older.
15) Children under the age of 18 are not allowed on the show floor during load in/load out hour.
16) Show management is not responsible for lost or stolen items on the show floor. Please do not bring any unnecessary valuable personal items onto the show floor.
17) Reminder: Show management does not validate parking.
If rules/regulations are not followed, exhibitor may be asked to leave.
Requirements for exhibitors that have been approved by LIFE Marketing & Events for an on-site vehicle:
1) Battery disconnected
2) ¼ tank or less of gas
3) Gas cap locked or taped shut
4) Drip pan under vehicle
Please note: The facility, LIFE Marketing & Events and the LEGO Group are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
Exhibitor badges will be mailed to the on-site contact at least 3 weeks before the event. Badges must be distributed to each staff member working each session before they arrive on site. Show management will not be responsible for lost badges. If staff changes occur please contact the LEGO KidsFest at 860.953.4500 and show management will do its best to accommodate the change or addition.
Reliant Park offers several options when ordering electrical, internet, audio visual, cleaning or food services for your booth. All of these can be ordered online through Reliant Park’s Exhibitor Services website.
To take advantage of discounted rates for the above services, advance orders must be paid in full and received with payment no later than Friday, May 3, 2013. Payment may be made online with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Use your booth # on the floor plan for your reference when ordering exhibitor services.
For questions or concerns regarding these services, please contact:
Reliant Park Exhibitor Services
STANDARD BOOTH (Demers Events & Expo Services)
Each 10x10 booth includes one 6 ft. table (topped and skirted), 2 chairs, 3 ft. pipe and drape side rails and an 8 ft. backdrop.
To order carpet, additional tables and chairs or to schedule labor for the set-up and/or tear-down of your booth, please visit the Demers Online Ordering page.
Use the floor plan below as reference when ordering and/or setting up (PDF link).
2 Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054
Important Shipping Dates:
• DIRECT SHIPMENTS: Direct shipment will only be accepted at the Reliant Center on or after Wednesday, May 15th.
• LATE SHIPMENTS: Demers reserves the right to accept or refuse shipments arriving before or after the deadline referenced above. If accepted, exhibitor will be charged an additional $10.00 per cwt, $100.00 minimum.
Shipping Forms & Labels:
• Download the Demers Exhibitor Shipping Label (PDF).
LOAD IN/LOAD OUT INFORMATION
Exhibitors must load in/out using the loading docks. GPS Address is 2 Reliant Park, Houston, TX 77054
Load-in date and time
• Friday, May 17, 2013 – 8am to 12pm
• If additional hours are needed, please email Michelle DiLuzio.
Load-out date and time
• Sunday, May 19, 2013 from 7:45pm to 11:59pm
• If additional hours needed, please email Michelle DiLuzio.
1) When you arrive at the loading dock please contact Dan Kornegay at 860.841.1455 for check in and direction to your booth.
2) Each exhibitor will have 20 minutes to unload and check in. After 20 minutes, please then move your car to garage or lot. Show Management does not validate parking.
3) Exhibitors are required to bring all necessary equipment and assistance needed to load in/out (hand truck, dolly, etc.). Show management does not provide these items. For an additional cost, load in/out assistance can be contracted from the decorator Demers Expo Services.
Please contact Betty Waypa no later than May 3rd at 860.953.4500 ext. 101 to arrange for additional assistance.
*SHOW MANAGEMENT DOES NOT VALIDATE PARKING TICKETS
Daily Parking rate is $10.00 per vehicle per entry (no re-entry). Paid parking is only required for actual show event dates, there is NO parking charge for move-in/move-out dates.
Special Exhibitor parking information is available through Reliant Park exhibitor website. Suggested Parking Lots: Red Lots #2, #4, #5.
For any other questions, please contact a member of LEGO KidsFest show management:
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
860.953.4500, ext. 124
LEGO, the LEGO logo, DUPLO, the DUPLO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. LEGO KidsFest is produced by LIFE Marketing & Events. © 2013 All Rights Reserved.